You planned everything related to your wedding: the ceremony, the reception, the cake, the honeymoon. Everything is ready!
Well, almost everything: did you think about what to pack for your honeymoon?
This might sound like a secondary detail but it’s not.
You want to leave for your once-in-a-lifetime travel making sure you’re bringing everything you need to make it special, right?
Then read our ultimate guide about what to pack for your honeymoon!
What to pack: the basics
When you travel, there are some things that you don’t want to forget. It’s true for any journey, but even more for your honeymoon. You want it to have a good start, don’t you?
We’re not even mentioning travel documents: we know you’re wise and you will carry copies of them.
Besides that, here’s what you mustn’t forget when you pack for your honeymoon:
- Bathroom basics. Don’t bring too much: carry small bottles of what you use for your daily beauty routine.
- Medicines. Pack those you take every day and those you would need a prescription for.
- Sleeping mask and earplugs. They can be super useful to sleep on the plane or in your hotel room, if it’s not provided with window blinds!
No, we’re not saying you should carry a Russian nesting doll with you.
We mean that you should pack a backpack. Not only the one that you are maybe taking with you as carry-on luggage on the plane. One more small backpack, stored in your suitcase.
Why? Because you might need it for excursions, and if it’s small and light it’s much easier to carry it around the whole day.
You can also add some sealable zipper storage bags: they will save your camera or precious belongings in case of rain.
What to pack for your honeymoon: the sweetest things
There are two super sweet ideas you should definitely take with you on your honeymoon. You want to celebrate your love, right? So what could be more romantic than…
- A music playlist for your journey or special moments. You can listen to it using couple earphones (on the plane) or a bluetooth speaker (in your hotel room or on the beach).
- A small present for your spouse. Make your honeymoon even more special with this! It could be fancy lingerie or a book, massage oil or a journal where to write about your travel. You know your loved one and you’ll surely pick the right gift!
What to pack for your honeymoon… if you don’t know where you’re going?
Mostly, you decide what to pack for your honeymoon based on your destination.
But what happens if you’re embarking on a surprise travel after your wedding?
Yes, surprise honeymoons are a thing – and we love them!
In that case, you don’t need to bring your whole wardrobe.
You just need to wait for the “What to bring” list that you will receive 20 days before departing – and that will tell you exactly what to pack. From that moment on, you can start wondering about possible destinations… but you won’t find out where you’re going, until 24hours before the departure!
So here’s our ultimate guide about what to pack for your honeymoon.
If you think we missed something, let us know in the comments!